Coweta-Fayette Electric Membership Corporation/True Natural Gas is an equal opportunity employer and is recognized as one of the most progressive electric membership cooperatives serving customers in portions of six counties. As part of our efforts to extend employment opportunities within our recruitment area, we encourage applicants to submit applications that meet the minimum job specifications for the following full-time position: Warehouse Person I
The minimum job qualifications for this position are:
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum one-year related experience
- Prefer knowledge of RUS and/or cooperative specifications relating to electric utility construction and maintenance.
- Forklift certification required.
- Prefer basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office related products.
- Requires compliance with DOT regulations and maintaining current driver’s license.
- Requires the mental capability to be successfully trained in the use of equipment (i.e. forklift) to perform assigned duties.
Role and Responsibilities
To assist and learn how to accurately receive, issue, and store all materials and supplies for the Cooperative.
Effectively and accurately performs the following functions:
- Receive materials from motor freight, UPS, suppliers, etc.
- Place stock materials received in its proper storage location.
- Use the computer to identify who ordered material and to verify that the proper material was received and check stock quantities.
- Issue material to construction crews and deliver materials to construction crews on job sites.
- Assist in breakdown and restocking of returned and retired material from construction jobs.
- Deliver supplies to other CF-EMC offices.
- Assist and learn to verify received transformer data.
- Assist in material inventory control.
- Assist in calculating and recording returned wire weights and footage.
- Regularly sweep the warehouse, docks, and yard area to maintain a clean and orderly environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking and hearing involved.
- Working in adverse weather conditions. The warehouse area is extremely hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
- Required to be available and accessible to work irregular hours during emergency situations.
It is the practice of Coweta-Fayette EMC to accept applications for existing vacancies only. Individuals can apply for this position at our office located at 807 Collinsworth Rd, Palmetto,.Georgia. Please contact Melissa Watson at: email@example.com with any questions.
Coweta-Fayette EMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As a VEVRRA Federal Contractor, Coweta-Fayette EMC has a high interest in priority referrals of protected veterans for our job openings.
The job description is an overview of the major responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to cover each aspect of the position as the duties may be temporarily altered based on the business needs of Coweta-Fayette EMC. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by your supervisor. All new hires are required to successfully pass Coweta Fayette EMC’s pre-employment physical exam and drug screen. All employees of Coweta Fayette EMC are expected to demonstrate an awareness that each job exists to effectively serve each and every member, and at every opportunity to achieve increased member and public understanding for support of the Cooperative.