Coweta-Fayette Electric Membership Corporation/True Natural Gas is an equal opportunity employer and is recognized as one of the most progressive electric membership cooperatives serving customers in portions of six counties. As part of our efforts to extend employment opportunities within our recruitment area, we encourage applicants to submit applications that meet the minimum job specifications for the following part-time positions.
The minimum job qualifications for this position are:
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience dispatching for an electric distribution Cooperative or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience with computer applications and data entry.
- Excellent telephone proficiency as it pertains to communication with the general public and Cooperative personnel.
- Familiar with the Cooperative’s service territory.
- Knowledge of the components of an electric distribution system and their function required
- Must be familiar with all of the Cooperative’s substation locations and the associated circuits and areas they serve.
- Must know tie points between the different circuits and understand the device load limits.
- Thorough knowledge of SCADA operations, Lock Out/Tag Out procedures, and the OMS required.
- Ability to manage multiple crews calmly and effectively during outages, storms, emergency situations required.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a diverse group of people and personalities; requires a high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Must receive ITS Switching Certification within 2 years of being in the position.
Role and Responsibilities
To provide effective and efficient dispatching services for both routine and non-routine electric distribution system maintenance activities ensuring optimal system operations with minimal interruption for the members of the Cooperative.
Effectively and accurately performs the following functions:
- Receive telephone calls concerning Cooperative business, customer requests and complaints, maintenance issues, emergencies, outages, consumer side wiring, among others.
- Provide information courteously and effectively to electric and gas members during and after normal business hours.
- Route incoming calls to the appropriate department and/or take and deliver messages to the proper person to provide a current and accurate flow of information.
- Assist Customer Service personnel with member inquiries through telephone and email communications.
- Assign trouble calls and service orders to Cooperative personnel and/or contract crews providing the pertinent information needed to keep the Cooperative’s electric distribution system in the best possible condition.
- Monitor the vehicle management and tracking systems and field communications to proactively maintain awareness of the location and status of all maintenance and construction crews.
- Utilize the Outage Management System (OMS) to evaluate outage and emergency situations taking necessary action to restore service as quickly as possible while observing all safety rules and requirements.
- Operate the Cooperative’s SCADA System to ensure the electric distribution system is functioning up to par and information output is corresponding to established parameters.
- Maintain a chronological log of system maintenance, clearance, and significant events sufficient in detail to satisfy operational and regulatory requirements, reporting, and proper system analysis.
- Coordinate reconnects/disconnects with Field Services by creating service orders when members have been cut-off for non-payment..
- Communicate emergency locates and notify other utilities if damages to their facilities occur.
- Exercise control of the Cooperative’s critical electric distribution system components (SCADA, OMS, GIS, CIS, Radio Communications, Verizon PTT, Phone Systems, etc.) maintaining timely and accurate knowledge of operating conditions and system status, while urgently informing appropriate personnel when improper function is discovered.
- Issue scheduled and emergency switching orders in accordance with data analysis and provide results of system changes to appropriate personnel.
- Inform oncoming personnel of crew and system status to familiarize them with current operating conditions and pending activities.
- Remain aware of emergency procedures and facility security and communicate information to personnel providing quick, efficient emergency assistance when needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Sedentary work. Involves sitting most of the time.
- Walking, standing, and exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally.
- Required to be available and accessible to work irregular hours during emergency situations.
- Requires the use of hands and fingers to perform duties such as dialing a phone, data entry, and/or answering a phone.
- Required to have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribe; read and edit extensively; and view a computer terminal.
- Required to use computers and accessories, radio equipment, and telephone.
It is the practice of Coweta-Fayette EMC to accept applications for existing vacancies only. Individuals can apply for this position in-person at our office located at 807 Collinsworth Rd, Palmetto,.Georgia between the hours of 8am-5pm. Resumes can be e-mailed to email@example.com. Please contact Melissa Watson at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Coweta-Fayette EMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As a VEVRRA Federal Contractor, Coweta-Fayette EMC has a high interest in priority referrals of protected veterans for our job openings.
The job description is an overview of the major responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to cover each aspect of the position as the duties may be temporarily altered based on the business needs of Coweta-Fayette EMC. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by your supervisor. All new hires are required to successfully pass Coweta Fayette EMC’s pre-employment physical exam and drug screen. All employees of Coweta Fayette EMC are expected to demonstrate an awareness that each job exists to effectively serve each and every member, and at every opportunity to achieve increased member and public understanding for support of the Cooperative.