Coweta-Fayette Electric Membership Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is recognized as one of the most progressive electric membership cooperatives serving customers in portions of six counties. As part of our efforts to extend employment opportunities within our recruitment area, we encourage applicants to submit applications that meet the minimum job specifications for the following full-time position: Director of Human Resources
The minimum job qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, organizational behavior or other related field.
- Advanced degree or professional certification preferred.
- Requires 5 years of progressive human resources experience preferably with an electric cooperative.
- Knowledge of benefit and employment laws including affirmative action programs.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
- Prior strategic and financial planning as it relates to the Cooperative’s exposure to benefit and recruiting costs desired.
- Proficient computer skills.
Role and Responsibilities:
To establish the overall direction for planning, development, implementation, and administration of all Human Resources programs. This includes recruiting and retention, compensation and benefits, employee relations, equal employment opportunity/affirmative action programs, workers’ compensation, and employee training and benefits education programs. Oversees development and monitoring of the Human Resources budget.
Effectively and accurately performs and/or ensures the following essential functions are completed in a timely manner:
- Review annually policies and procedures making appropriate recommendations to management (i.e. Emergency Response Plan, disciplinary procedures).
- Develop policies and procedures as needed under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer then communicating additions and/or revisions to employees.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure compliance.
- Provide assistance with the annual review, preparation, and administration of the wage and salary program as instructed by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Coordinate the annual performance evaluations, monitor the performance evaluation program, and review and make recommendations as necessary.
- Administer classification program including classifying, re-classifying and writing job descriptions.
- Assist appropriate departments with the posting of positions, interviewing, and selecting personnel.
- Administer pre-employment assessments and screenings including background checks, pre-employment physicals, and drug screens.
- Compile accurate statistical reports with personnel-related data including hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates; and ensure accurate recordkeeping of all employment transactions.
- Initiate, guide, and coordinate employee communications and training programs.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Supervise the organization and maintenance of personnel files/records including record security and retention.
- Ensure staff is effective performing their responsibilities and essential functions.
- Develop, implement, and conduct exit interviews ensuring all termination forms have been complete, administer COBRA benefits when necessary, and process unemployment claims.
- Develop Human Resources goals and objectives.
- File and monitor workers’ compensation claims and program.
- Represent the Cooperative for all workers’ compensation audits and/or hearings.
- Receive and review all accident reports pertaining to Cooperative personnel as well as consumer’s premises and forward such reports to proper authority.
- Assure compliance with local, state, and federal labor statutes including EEO, ADA, AAP, and FMLA.
- Attend safety and safety committee meetings and keep accurate minutes. Provide assistance to the Safety Coordinator when necessary.
- Develop detailed studies and make recommendations on modifications to the employee benefit programs.
- Administer and periodically update the Cooperative Affirmative Action Program consistent with federal and state laws and regulation.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Sedentary work. Involves sitting most of the time.
- Walking, standing, and exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally.
- Required to be available and accessible to work irregular hours during emergency situations.
- Requires travel both inside and outside the cooperative’s service territory.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Requires repetitive motion with hands and fingers such as dialing and keyboarding.
- Required to have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribe; read and edit extensively; and view a computer terminal.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately and possess good hearing.
It is the practice of Coweta-Fayette EMC and True Natural Gas to accept applications for existing vacancies only. Individuals can apply for this position at our office located at 807 Collinsworth Rd, Palmetto,.Georgia. Please contact Melissa Watson at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Coweta-Fayette EMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As a VEVRRA Federal Contractor, Coweta-Fayette EMC has a high interest in priority referrals of protected veterans for our job openings.
The job description is an overview of the major responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to cover each aspect of the position as the duties may be temporarily altered based on the business needs of Coweta-Fayette EMC. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by your supervisor. All new hires are required to successfully pass Coweta Fayette EMC’s pre-employment physical exam and drug screen. All employees of Coweta Fayette EMC are expected to demonstrate an awareness that each job exists to effectively serve each and every member, and at every opportunity to achieve increased member and public understanding for support of the Cooperative.